If you are in the market for a new laptop, then you can find a wide range of options where different laptops are made for different uses. While some are made for basic daily computing tasks and education, others may be made for business, and some even for gaming.
And out of all these, a gaming laptop can be used for almost everything since these laptops are highly powerful. Thanks to the powerful hardware used by these laptops, they can handle all computing tasks and not just gaming.
Even though a lot of laptops may have powerful processors, most of them will not include a graphics card. And this is where a gaming laptop makes for a better choice since it offers much better performance in all graphic intensive workloads.
But as you would expect, not all gaming laptops are the same since they all have different graphics cards. In case that you are new to gaming laptops, this can make choosing the right laptop quite difficult. Hence, here are some of the best graphics cards for gaming laptops at different price ranges along with all their details:
Graphics Cards for Budget Gaming Laptops
Those of you who want to try out PC gaming or are on a tight budget are most likely going to buy an affordable gaming laptop. Fortunately, even entry level gaming laptops come with decent graphics cards these days that can offer viable gaming performance. In fact, such gaming laptops are also viable for graphics work like Photoshop, video editing, and basic 3D designing.
To get the most out of your entry level gaming laptop, it is highly advised to get a laptop with the latest graphics card model. Unfortunately, if you are on a budget, then you will have limited GPU options.
This primarily includes the GTX 1650 and GTX 1650 Ti GPUs from Nvidia. Both of these graphics cards come with 4 gigs of VRAM and the same TU117 GPU chip. With these graphics cards, you can expect to play Esports titles and slightly older AAA games at 1080p resolution with low graphics settings.
Even though this may not look the best, gaming laptops with these graphics cards certainly offer a decent experience for new PC users. While these graphics cards are usually found in budget laptops, a few high end Ultrabook laptops may also include them because of their low heat output.
Graphics Cards for Powerful Gaming Laptops
In case you already play a lot of PC games and want something that offers excellent gaming performance while having a justified price tag, then you can consider going with mid tier gaming laptops.
- Most of these gaming laptops are highly powerful for all your gaming needs especially at 1080p resolution used by most gaming laptops.
- However, since these are not premium laptops, you may miss out on things like a thin and light form factor, color accurate displays, and other features which do not affect your gaming experience.
- As for the graphics cards found in gaming laptops at this price point, you will find the older GTX 1660 Ti and the newly launched RTX 3060 from Nvidia.
- Starting with the GTX 1660 Ti, it is a superb GPU for 1080p gaming which can allow you to take the most advantage of your laptop’s 1080p display even if it is a high refresh rate one.
On the other hand, the RTX 3060 offers slightly better performance along with the support for ray tracing found in latest AAA games. Both of these GPUs come with 6 GB VRAM which is more than enough for gaming. Such laptops can also be used for 3D designing and other graphic intensive workload.
Graphics Cards for Enthusiast Gaming Laptops
You can also find high end gaming laptops out there that include almost all features that you can think of. Such features offer a much better computing experience in all aspects and not just gaming. Even though a mid tier laptop is more than enough for gaming, these high end ones can be used with higher resolution displays as well as for heavier loads like streaming while gaming.
- To ensure that your gaming performance is not affected whether you are playing at 4K resolution or streaming your games, these high end gaming laptops come with highly powerful GPUs.
- You will find the RTX 3070 and RTX 3080 GPU options while buying enthusiast level gaming laptops. Such graphics cards can offer desktop level performance to the user.
- As a result, you can enjoy Esports games on 1080p 300 Hz displays or AAA games on 4K 120 Hz displays depending on the laptop that you get.
Those of you who edit videos, work on 3D design programs, or run simulations will also get to see a lot of benefits with these GPUs. This is due to the reason that both of these GPUs come with 8 GB VRAM with 3080 even supporting 16 GB of VRAM in a few laptop models. Since these are RTX GPUs from Nvidia, both of them also support ray tracing as well as all other Turing architecture features offered by Nvidia.
Whether you are on a tight budget or looking for something highly powerful, you can surely find the right graphics cards for your needs. And since we have already discussed various details regarding the best graphics cards for gaming laptops up above, you must have already chosen one. These different graphics cards are available in different laptops at different price points. While some are ideal for entry level gaming and basic graphic intensive workloads, others can be used for almost everything on your laptop. If you still have any doubts regarding the best graphics cards for gaming laptops, feel free to leave those in the comments section down below.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.